How To Get Glazed Donut Skin With Sustainable Skincare
Hailey Beiber’s glazed donut skin is the stuff of skincare legends: smooth, plump, and preternaturally poreless even without Instagram filters or makeup. So
But unlike most celebrity skincare trends, this dewy, even-textured look isn’t about spackling yourself in makeup. (Unless that’s your thing. In which case, go for it!) It’s about choosing the right skincare products for brightness, bounce, and hydration to get your healthiest skin ever.
What Is Glazed Donut Skin?
So, what exactly is glazed donut skin? Well, imagine a still-warm glazed donut. The freshly-made cake is springy and plump, while the melted sugar coating is perfectly smooth and glistening with moisture. That’s what glazed donut skin is all about.
It’s about getting skin that doesn’t just glow, it gleams.
How To Get The Glazed Donut Skincare Trend
While many imitators pile on the makeup until their skin looks shiny and poreless, this trend is about healthy, hydrated skin, not pancake foundation. Nailing the glazed donut skincare trend actually starts a nighttime skincare ritual focused on improving your skin’s health.
But that doesn’t mean you need a skincare budget as deep as Hailey Beiber’s closet. We built an affordable routine of products clinically proven to give you your healthiest skin ever.
Our 6 Step Glazed Donut Skincare Routine
This layered skincare routine is easily adaptable for morning and night to keep you glazed and gleaming 24/7.
1. Double Cleanse. Start your nighttime skincare routine with a hydrating double-cleanse. Double cleansing is like sweeping the floor before you mop. The goal is to get rid of the makeup and debris that’s sitting on top of your skin so you can effectively clean what’s underneath.
We recommend starting with our Squalane + Antioxidant Cleansing Oil to dissolve makeup and impurities. Follow it with our Squalane + Elderberry Jelly Cleanser to remove any remaining trace of dirt and pollution while hydrating and restoring balance.
2. Treat The Look Of Enlarged Pores.Next, unclog and minimize pores with our alcohol-free
3. Deeply Hydrate Delicate Undereye Skin. The skin around our eyes is thinner and more delicate, making it more difficult for this area to retain moisture, which can contribute to crepiness and fine lines. Our
4. Use A Peptide Serum.Copper peptides are a naturally occurring plasma made within the human body to help repair tissue. While we make less of them as we age, applying a few drops of our
5. Nourish With A Rich, Restorative Cream. Unlike an actual glazed donut, glazed donut skin screams “healthy.” And good health starts with good nutrition. Nourish and repair with our
6 Steps For Glazed Donut Skin
By the time you wake up the next morning, your nighttime skincare will likely have absorbed into your skin, working to make it healthier, smoother, and more radiant. But this look is all about the dewy finish, which means you’ll need to re-create it in the morning. Here’s how:
1. Optional Cleanse. While your face is technically still clean when you wake the next day, you may choose to wash it if you’re on the oilier side, or you simply enjoy doing it. Our Amino Aloe Gentle Cleanser calms, soothes, and hydrates for a healthy glow while digging deep into pores to remove dirt and impurities.
2.Tone. If your skin is on the oilier side, you can continue to work on refining your pores with our Squalane + BHA Pore Minimizing Toner.
On the other hand, dry and sensitive skin may benefit from a spritz of
3. Hydrate And Prep. Using your ring finger, apply a small amount of Squalane + Marine Algae Eye Cream. Our hero ingredient, squalane, provides long-lasting hydration, helping keep delicate undereye skin smooth, plump, and deeply moisturized for a glazed donut look all day long.
4.Treat and Brighten. Get an immediate boost of visible brightness while helping reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation with our Squalane + Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum. We encapsulate our Vitamin C so it improves skin texture and promotes an even complexion without irritation, creating an even canvas for glazed donut skin no matter your skin type.
5. Calm and Moisturize. Our Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer is the perfect daytime moisturizer for glazed donut skin. Squalane provides lasting hydration while probiotics visibly reduce the appearance of pores and ginger extract minimizes the appearance of redness for smooth, even, deeply hydrated skin.
Want a truly no-makeup look? Apply a few drops of
6. Protect. Glazed donut skin is even-toned and virtually free of the dark spots, enlarged pores, and slack skin that are sun damage’s signature calling cards. Protect yourself with our SPF 30 PA ++++ Squalane + Zinc Mineral Sunscreen. Unlike many mineral sunblocks, our reef safe sunscreen melts into every skintone, providing broad spectrum protection and added hydration without any sticky, white residue.
7. Get Glazed And Glowing. Many Biossance customers find they use less makeup after a few weeks of using our products. But for others, makeup is a form of self-expression they simply can’t live without. If you’re one of the latter, you can give your favorite foundation a dewy, glazed donut finish by cocktailing it with our Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil.